Lincoln Electric is an international technical production company, which is currently standardizing all processes and ways of working in order to increase their competitive strength and customer satisfaction, boost employee engagement and consistently improve the company’s performance. Continuous Improvement (CI) is central to this effort.
The Continuous Improvement Manager Europe will drive the processes by which Lincoln Electric standardize and simplify key processes then embed these optimized processes in day to day systems and work ethics to ensure the future success of the company.
The European Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for:
– Identify the business processes improvements/changes to be implemented, selection of the proper Lean/Sigma tools and coordinating the implementation of projects to effect change.
– Quantify the expected return/outcome of the business processes improvements/changes.
– Develop and track business processes improvements/changes on the Lean project scorecard.
– Manage the implementation of the improvements/changes identified: design, plan, implement and perform post-implementation assessment.
– Work in close coordination with all business units of the Lincoln Electric EMEAR team and work with other Subject Matter Experts, sales personnel, facility associates etc. to ensure that the solutions implemented are aligned with business expectations/ direction/strategy.
– Identify training gaps and develop training plans and criteria.
– Lead Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping processes, develop Kanban and pull systems, and be the resource for continuous knowledge sharing and growth.
Approximately 75-80% travel in Europe (Italy, Poland, UK, Russia, Portugal, France, Spain, Germany).
– Completed Bachelor or Master degree
– 10 years relevant working experience in continuous improvement in an production environment
– Certified Six Sigma Blackbelt (Master Blackbelt is a plus)
– Working knowledge of Six Sigma / Lean
– Experienced in Project Management
– IT knowledge (ERP)
– English fluency required
– Experience in multinational companies
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are a must for this position as well as a comprehensive understanding of business processes and the ability to quickly learn new processes.
– Strong communication skills, leadership, active listening, assertiveness, problem solving, decision making, stress management, conflict management, building
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer and the market leader of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining products.
An appealing and independent job with good benefits, good working environment and career and training opportunities in an international organization with stand Nijmegen.